Dropped Kerbs 2018-06-20T11:03:24+00:00

Dropped Kerbs

Get in touch with companies who offer dropped kerbs

Fill in our form below to get in touch with up to 4 local companies who offer dropped kerb installs. All our companies have public liability insurance and are rated by past clients to help you make the best choice.

Find an approved installer now

What is a dropped kerb?

You’ll need a dropped kerb if you want to cross a footway or grass verge in a vehicle to get to your property. That means that if you’re having a driveway installed, you need a proper vehicle crossing or ‘dropped kerb’ in place. You’ll need to apply for planning permission before you can have a vehicle crossing installed.

A dropped kerb is where a contractor lowers the kerb and strengthens the footway so that a car running over it doesn’t damage it. You’ll need to get a professional to lower the kerb for you if you’re getting a driveway installed for the first time. You can get your local council to arrange for the work to be carried out when you apply for planning permission, but this will cost extra. It’s much better to find your own professional.

Fill in the form above and we will put you in touch with up to 4 local trusted companies that will be able to help you lower the kerb. All our companies are insured, so you can rest assured that whoever you choose will do a great job. You can access reviews from previous customers about our driveway companies so you can decide which one is best for you.

Are you a company that installs dropped kerbs?

If you are a paving and driveway company and would like to be listed on Driveways-UK, please click here.